Instructions for Use
REVIAN RED is a non-invasive, hands-free, over-the-counter medical device operated via mobile app to promote hair growth. REVIAN is intended for a daily 10-minute treatment per registered user. A treatment can be paused or aborted after initiated, the remaining treatment time must be used prior to the initiation of another treatment.
Indications for Use: REVIAN is indicated to treat androgenetic alopecia and promote hair growth in males who have Norwood-Hamilton Classifications of IIa to V patterns of hair loss; and to treat androgenetic alopecia and promote hair growth in females who have Ludwig-Savin Scale I-4, II-1, II-2, or frontal patterns of hair loss, both with Fitzpatrick Skin Types I to IV.
Contraindications for Use: REVIAN has no known contraindications at this time.
Requirements for Use: The REVIAN app operates on mobile devices running on iOS versions 11.0 or higher and Android 9.0 (Pie) or higher. Internet or wireless network connectivity required.
Unboxing Your Package
CAUTION: DO NOT cut through the protective storage box to avoid any damage to the device
- Carefully cut the tape covering the shipping box to not injure the storage box inside.
- Remove the storage box from the shipping box.
- Cut the tape dots located on the sides of the storage box.
- Lift the top cover from the storage box to reveal the Cap and charging base.
- Lift the yellow tab at the front of the charging base to reveal the accessory kit.
- Remove the accessory kit and the accessories contained inside.
- Charge the Cap for up to one hour prior to use with the AC adaptor and charging cable
Adjusting the Cap
The Cap comes with front and back standard headliners installed as illustrated below. The Cap should not be loose enough that it falls off the head with ease, nor should it fit too tightly. A proper fitting Cap is an important step for a reliable treatment.
Charging the Cap
WARNING: DO NOT connect this equipment with any other equipment not provided in the accessory kit.
WARNING: The micro-USB cable connector may be a strangulation hazard
Attach the charging cable to the AC adaptor. The Cap should be left on the charging base for support. Plug AC adaptor into an indoor outlet. Next, allow the end of the charging cable to magnetically connect to the cap’s charging port.
IMPORTANT: Do not force or push the charging cable into the cap’s charging port as this can damage the cable and/or charging port. Simply allow the magnetism of the cable to make the connection to the cap. The charging port in the Cap will illuminate when connected. To disconnect, tilt the cable to the side to remove. Avoid pulling straight up to disconnect.
Cap Charging Light Indications: When charging your cap, a steady state blue light in the cap charging port means the cap is currently charging. When the light changes to a slow blink, that means the cap is fully charged. When fully charged, the cap is designed to complete 2-3 treatments before recharging is required.
The app will keep you up to date on your Cap’s battery status. When the battery is too low to perform a treatment and needs to be charged, an indicator message will be shown in the app.
Connecting to the Cap for the First Time
The Cap must be placed on your head and connected via Bluetooth to its controller (the REVIAN mobile app) for a treatment to begin.
- Download the REVIAN mobile app from Apple App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android devices). Search “Revian”
- For first time users, tap “Register” to register your account. Follow the on-screen instructions and click the verification link sent to your email after tapping “Sign Up”
- Open the REVIAN App and continue with the educational onboarding
- After tutorial, you will need to permit the REVIAN app to connect via Bluetooth on your device. The Cap will not work unless you grant Bluetooth permission to the App. For iOS users, you will need to tap “OK” when prompted “Revian Would Like to Use Bluetooth”. For Android users to allow Bluetooth permissions, you will need to tap “While using the app” when prompted with “Allow Revian to access this device’s location”.
- After granting Bluetooth permissions, place your charged REVIAN cap on your head.
- Tap “Connect Your Cap”. This initiates bluetooth scanning to connect the app and the REVIAN Cap.
- Once a connection has been established, you will hear a successful auditory tone
*Important* The cap must fit snugly on your head to activate the sensor located at the front, inside of the cap.
To start a treatment, the Cap must be on your head and a successful Bluetooth connection has been established with the App.
- Once the Cap and App have successfully paired, press “Play” to start your 10-minute treatment.
- A treatment can be paused by pressing the “pause” icon or by removing the cap from your head.
- For a treatment to be successfully recorded, the countdown timer must reach “00:00” and you will receive a “Treatment Completed” message.
The REVIAN Photo Journal is an optional feature to help you visually keep track of your hair growth progress. Photos uploaded are photos you have taken with your mobile device’s native camera. Utilize it as frequently as you like. There are no limits to the amount of photos you can upload. It is recommended to upload photos from different angles to best give you a clearer picture of your progress as you continue to use REVIAN RED over time.
- To use the photo journal, you must grant permission to the REVIAN app to access your mobile device’s photo library.
- After granting access, access your mobile device’s photo library by tapping the “+” icon.
- Photos will display in chronological order.
- You can delete photos from your Photo Journal by tapping into that picture and then tapping the “trashcan” icon in the top right corner.
To access your treatment history, tap the “User” icon in the footer of the app and you will see a calendar view of your past treatments.
- The orange/red status bar will keep you updated on your current compliance percentage.
- The calendar will show dates you have successfully completed a treatment (denoted by a red circle around that date).
- The calendar will show dates you missed a treatment (denoted by a grey circle around that date).
The key to any hair growth regime is compliance. REVIAN RED is indicated for use for once-daily, 10-minute treatments.
- To utilize daily reminders, tap the “User” icon in the footer of the app and toggle to “Reminders”
- To use the Reminders feature of the REVAN app, you must grant permission for the REVIAN app to send notifications.
- To set up reminders, tap the “pencil” icon and set the time you would like to be reminded to treat for that corresponding day.
To access your account settings, go to “Menu” in the app and tap “Settings”. At the settings screen, you will be able to:
- Update First and Last Name
- Update your Email Address
- Reset Your Password
REVIAN maintains an up-to-date Knowledge Base for common questions and troubleshooting. The Knowledge Base can be accessed in both the app and REVIAN website. The access the Knowledge Base in the app, go to “Menu” and tap “Support”. To access the Knowledge Base on the web, please visit: https://revian.com/support/existing-customers/
Customer support tickets can be created in both the Revian App and on the Revian website. To create a support ticket in the app, go to “Menu”, then “Support”, and then “Troubleshooting & FAQs”. Scroll down the screen and then tap “Create a support ticket”
To create a support ticket on the website, please visit: https://revian.com/support/existing-customers/ticket/
Adding a Second User
The REVIAN RED Hair Growth System is a Class II FDA-regulated medical device indicated for use once per day per registered user. To add a second user, the primary account holder must invite the second user via the Revian App.
IMPORTANT: To add a second user, you must be on Revian App Version 2.2.2+.
To invite 2nd User:
- In the app, tap the “Menu” icon in the top left corner
- Tap “Settings”
- Tap “Add a 2nd User”
**Please note, as the primary account holder, you must complete your first treatment before you will be able to send the invite.**
Once you have sent the invite, the 2nd user will receive an email with subject line “Revian: You’ve been added as a 2nd user.” This will provide next steps for the 2nd user to get started. If the 2nd user does not see the invite email in their inbox, please have them check their spam folder.
WARNING: DO NOT wash or submerge Cap at any time. DO NOT use cleaning agents or solvents to clean CAP as this may discolor or degrade the fabric or damage the internal electronics.
WARNING: DO NOT clean the Cap while charging.
- Visually inspect interior for film debris or possible damage.
- Clean the Cap by wiping with a soft cloth lightly moistened with water monthly. Allow to air dry before storage.
- Store the Cap on the charging base in either the storage box or travel bag when not in use.
- As a reminder, it is recommenced to leave the Cap charging between treatment sessions.
WARNING: Travel bag may be a suffocation hazard if placed over nose and mouth. DO NOT place over head.
- For easy travel and added support, store the Cap on charging base when placed in travel bag.