Instructions For Use
Effective Date: November 9, 2020
Model: REVIAN 101 • Part#: 10000-10001
REVIAN RED is a non-invasive, hands-free, over-the-counter medical device operated via mobile app to promote hair growth. REVIAN is intended for a daily 10-minute treatment per registered user. A treatment can be paused or aborted after initiated, the remaining treatment time must be used prior to the initiation of another treatment.
Indications for Use: REVIAN is indicated to treat androgenetic alopecia and promote hair growth in males who have Norwood-Hamilton Classifications of IIa to V patterns of hair loss; and to treat androgenetic alopecia and promote hair growth in females who have Ludwig-Savin Scale I-4, II-1, II-2, or frontal patterns of hair loss, both with Fitzpatrick Skin Types I to IV.
Contraindications for Use: REVIAN has no known contraindications at this time.
Requirements for Use: The REVIAN app operates on mobile devices running on iOS versions 11.0 or higher and Android 9.0 (Pie) or higher. Internet or wireless network connectivity required.
Unboxing Your Package
⚠️ CAUTION: DO NOT cut through the protective storage box to avoid any damage to the device.
1. Carefully cut the tape covering the shipping box to not injure the storage box inside.
2. Remove the storage box from the shipping box.
3. Cut the tape dots located on the sides of the storage box.
4. Lift the top cover from the storage box to reveal the Cap and charging base.
5. Lift the yellow tab at the front of the charging base to reveal the accessory kit.
6. Remove the accessory kit and carefully read the Quick Start Guide.
7. Remove the accessories contained inside the accessory kit:
- USB-to-Micro-USB cable
- Travel Bag
- AC Adaptor
- Adjustment Headliners
8. Charge the Cap for up to one hour prior to use with the AC adaptor and micro-USB cable.
Adjusting the Cap
The Cap comes with front and back standard headliners installed as illustrated below. The Cap should not be loose enough that it falls off the head with ease, nor should it fit too tightly. A proper fitting Cap is an important step for a reliable treatment.
To Adjust Headliners:
If the Cap is loose, remove the standard back headliner from the headliner dots, and replace with the optional 10mm or 20mm back headliner.
Charging the Cap
⚠️ WARNING: DO NOT connect this equipment with any other equipment not provided in the accessory kit.
⚠️ WARNING: The micro-USB cable connector may be a strangulation hazard
Attach the micro-USB cable to the AC adaptor. The Cap should be left on the charging base for support. Plug AC adaptor into an indoor outlet and then insert micro-USB cable connector into micro-USB port located on top of the Cap. The charging port in the Cap will illuminate when successfully charging. Once fully charged, the light will turn off. To disconnect, unplug the AC adaptor from the indoor outlet.
Cap Charging Light Indications: When charging your cap, a steady state blue light in the cap charging port means the cap is currently charging. When the light changes to a slow blink, that means the cap is fully charged. When fully charged, the cap is designed to complete 2-3 treatments before recharging is required.
While charging, the Cap will NOT allow a treatment to be delivered. DO NOT CLEAN THE CAP WHILE CHARGING.
The app will keep you up to date on your Cap’s battery status. When the battery is too low to perform a treatment and needs to be charged, an indicator message will be shown in the app.
Connecting to the Cap for the First Time
The Cap must be connected via Bluetooth to its controller, the REVIAN mobile app, for a treatment to begin.
1. Download the REVIAN mobile app from Apple App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android devices)
2. Open the REVIAN App and permit REVIAN to connect via Bluetooth on your device
The Cap will not work unless you grant Bluetooth permission to the App*
3. For first time users, tap “Register” to register your account. Follow the on-screen instructions and click the verification link sent to your email after tapping “Sign Up”
4. Once you have verified your account, continue through the REVIAN tutorial.
5. After the tutorial, place your charged REVIAN cap on your head.
6. Tap “Connect Your Cap”. This initiates bluetooth scanning to control the REVIAN Cap.
7. Once a connection has been established, you will hear a successful auditory tone.
To start a treatment, the Cap must be on your head and a successful Bluetooth connection has been established with the App.
1. Once the Cap and App have successfully paired, press “Play” to start your 10-minute treatment.
2. A treatment can be paused by pressing the “pause” icon or by removing the cap from your head.
3. For a treatment to be successfully recorded, the countdown timer must reach “00:00” and you will receive a “Treatment Completed”message
The REVIAN Photo Journal is an optional feature to help you visually keep track of your hair growth progress. Photos uploaded are photos you have taken with your mobile device’s native camera. Utilize it as frequently as you like. There are no limits to the amount of photos you can upload. It is recommended to upload photos from different angles to best give you a clearer picture of your progress as you continue to use REVIAN RED over time.
1. To use the photo journal, you must grant permission to the REVIAN app to access your mobile device’s photo library.
2. After granting access, access your mobile device’s photo library by tapping the “+” icon.
3. Photos will display in chronological order.
4. You can delete photos from your Photo Journal by tapping into that picture and then tapping the “trashcan” icon in the top right corner.
To access your treatment history, tap the “User” icon in the footer of the app and you will see a calendar view of your past treatments.
• The orange/red status bar will keep you updated on your current compliance percentage.
• The calendar will show dates you have successfully completed a treatment (denoted by a red circle around that date).
• The calendar will show dates you missed a treatment (denoted by a grey circle around that date).
The key to any hair growth regime is compliance. REVIAN RED is indicated for use for once-daily, 10-minute treatments.
• To utilize daily reminders, tap the “User” icon in the footer of the app and toggle to “Reminders”
• To use the Reminders feature of the REVAN app, you must grant permission for the REVIAN app to send notifications.
• To set up reminders, tap the “pencil” icon and set the time you would like to be reminded to treat for that corresponding day.
To access your account settings, go to “Menu” in the app and tap “Settings”. At the settings screen, you will be able to:
• Update First and Last Name
• Update your Email Address
• Reset Your Password
REVIAN maintains an up-to-date Knowledge Base for common questions and troubleshooting. The Knowledge Base can be accessed in both the app and REVIAN website. The access the Knowledge Base in the app, go to “Menu” and tap “Support”. To access the Knowledge Base on the web, please visit: https://support.revian.com
To provide you accurate customer support, support tickets must be created inside of the app. This allows our customer service team to understand your device type, operating system and the current version of the REVIAN app you have installed on your device. To create a Support Ticket, go to “Menu” in the app and tap “Support”.
⚠️ WARNING: DO NOT wash or submerge Cap at any time. DO NOT use cleaning agents or solvents to clean CAP as this may discolor or degrade the fabric or damage the internal electronics.
⚠️ WARNING: DO NOT clean the Cap while charging.
• Visually inspect interior for film debris or possible damage.
• Clean the Cap by wiping with a soft cloth lightly moistened with water monthly. Allow to air dry before storage.
• Store the Cap on the charging base in either the storage box or travel bag when not in use.
• As a reminder, it is recommenced to leave the Cap charging between treatment sessions.
⚠️ WARNING: Travel bag may be a suffocation hazard if placed over nose and mouth. DO NOT place over head.
• For easy travel and added support, store the Cap on charging base when placed in travel bag.